VRBO Seize-the-Sunshine Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: VRBO Seize-the-Sunshine Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico who download the Vrbo application on their smart phone or mobile device and are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of HomeAway.com, Inc. d/b/a Vrbo, Crowd9 Pty Ltd. and their parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by HomeAway.com, Inc. d/b/a Vrbo, 11920 Alterra Parkway, Austin, Texas 78758 (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 5, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on August 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, download the Vrbo application from the Apple® App Store, or the Google® Play Store and follow the in-app advertising for the Ultimate Beach Vacay Sweepstakes to visit https://gleam.io/3CGk9/vrbo-sweepstakes-usaen-t-b-seizethesunshineaug20 (the “Entry Page”) and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the entry form, including all requested information. Upon submitting an entry form, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. NOTE: By completing and submitting the entry form, you are agreeing to receive marketing e-mail messages from Sponsor. You can opt out at any time.
Additional Entries for Referring a Friend: The Entry Page will include optional steps you can take to refer the sweepstakes to a few friends. You can earn up to three additional entries by referring friends. In order to receive these additional entries, you must perform these actions via the link provided on the Entry Page, which will track completion of the actions. If you perform these actions via any other method, you will not receive the additional entries. If you choose to refer the Sweepstakes to a friend, you may not engage in any behavior that in Sponsor’s sole discretion would constitute “spamming” or otherwise harass or annoy anyone to accept an invitation. You may only send the invitation to individuals who you know. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who is the basis of a complaint related to the refer a friend functionality of the entry page.
Entry Limit: You may only earn up to 4 entries during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Drawing: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on or around September 7, 2020. The potential winner will be notified by email. The potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and where not prohibited a Publicity Release (“Declaration”) which must be promptly returned to Sponsor, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the requested time period (if applicable), the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prize: One (1) winner will receive a travel allowance of $5,000.00 USD to be used for airfare and vacation rental accommodations in a beach destination of your choice. This is not a cash prize. In the event the winner’s trip uses less than the full $5,000.00 travel stipend, Sponsor may provide winner with the remaining balance via Expedia Rewards points. If you are not an Expedia Rewards member, you will need to create an account prior to prize being awarded. To become a member, go to Expedia Rewards and select Join. The Rewards points will be deposited within six weeks and will expire one year from the date of the deposit. Expedia Rewards points awarded to the winner are subject to terms and conditions of the Expedia Rewards program (https://www.expedia.com/loyaltyrewards/pages/info-rewards/expediarewards/terms.htm). PLEASE NOTE: winner alone is responsible for full payment of all taxes. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000.00.
All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Guests must be eighteen (18) years of age or older (or travel with a legal guardian) and must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions related to the vacation rental.
The prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component thereof for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or any component thereof should become unavailable for any reason. The winner responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release: By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, pandemics, acts of government, travel restrictions, changes in laws, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, or awarding of the Prize, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize or an alternate prize of roughly similar value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas (Austin Division) or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Austin, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
13. Winner List: The winner list will be posted on the entry page after a winner is chosen. Alternatively, it is available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address listed in these rules with attention to “Ultimate Beach Vacay Sweepstakes.”
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.